In my previous six entries, I focused on presenting the main Agile methodologies, and their concepts. In the following entries, I will focus on tools that enable Agile; providing a quick introduction without going in technical details. The first tool in this series is Capistrano.
- Deploying web applications, on multiple servers simultaneously
- Automating audits
- Script workflows over SSH
- Automate common tasks in software teams
- Drive infrastructure provisioning tools
With features like:
- Interchangable output formatters
- Support for Source Control Management software
- Host and Role filters for partial deploys
- Support for Rails asset pipelines, and database migrations
- Support for complex environments
Capistrano runs on a client machine, and requires Ruby 1.9 or newer.